CC Contractors - Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors
I hired James Cody Gantt the owner of C & C Contractors in Corsicana, TX to replace my roof due to damage caused by a hail storm. Prior to the roof installation the contractor, James Cody Gantt asked and received contact information from me for the Home Owners Association in order to announce his intentions and ensure compliance. I reminded James Cody Gantt that the Home Owners Associations played an extremely active role in overseeing the neighborhood. In return, a very irresponsible James Cody Gantt DID NOT contact both governing Home Owners Associations and moved forward with the installation of a 25 year roof. Upon completion of the roof I was contacted by the Home Owners Association who informed me that a 30 year roof was a mandatory requirement accordingly, I was cited for the violation and was given a short period of time to correct the situation or face a date in court. James Cody Gantt came up with a long list of excuses of why he installed the 25 year roof and ways we could cheat the system to get around the violation, all of which I would take no part in. At that point, James Cody Gantt disappeared as none of my 9 clearly documented attempts to contact this contractor were returned. In order to correct the roofing violation I was given permission to overlay a 30 year roof on top of the new 25 year roof installed by James Cody Gantt. I called James Cody Gantt to discuss this one time only and small window of opportunity given by the Home Owners Association however, James Cody Gantt did not return any of my 11 attempts of communication. Furthermore, I went as far as calling his girlfriend, who I personally knew to brief her on the situation and to ask her to have James Cody Gantt contact me, this tactic also failed. In order to become compliant with the Home Owners Association, I had no choice but to move forward with another Contractor to do the overlay. Eight months later, James Cody Gantt finally returned my call only to threaten suit and placement of a mechanics lien on my home due to none payment. Because of James Cody Gantt and his unethical and irresponsible business practices, I have paid for two roofs with an out of pocket cost (after insurance) of over $9,000.00
Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have..."
- "Otis is the worst escalators Company.I am using this lift for last 1 year and believe me it is so unreliable that it may stop working any time.It get hanged..."
- "We purchased and paid over $15K for Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets. Long story short - it was over 18 months ago - we've had SEVEN!(7) replacement sets of doors and..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "We got an adv. In our mail box for this company that saying they have good deals for buying house.. we did call the company to take an appointment. ..."
- "I bought this Restonic Monarch mattress at a cost of $1170 barely over four years ago, and it was noticeably sagging by last year. My back's been hurting for..."
- "We ordered a phone and paid by Debit card. Lazada took payment from the card, but then rejected the order because the address we gave did not match the..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I was recently employed by Party City. The management never sat down with me to help me set up my ADP Self Service Portal. Today I went up there and..."