CC Contractors - Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors
I hired James Cody Gantt the owner of C & C Contractors in Corsicana, TX to replace my roof due to damage caused by a hail storm. Prior to the roof installation the contractor, James Cody Gantt asked and received contact information from me for the Home Owners Association in order to announce his intentions and ensure compliance. I reminded James Cody Gantt that the Home Owners Associations played an extremely active role in overseeing the neighborhood. In return, a very irresponsible James Cody Gantt DID NOT contact both governing Home Owners Associations and moved forward with the installation of a 25 year roof. Upon completion of the roof I was contacted by the Home Owners Association who informed me that a 30 year roof was a mandatory requirement accordingly, I was cited for the violation and was given a short period of time to correct the situation or face a date in court. James Cody Gantt came up with a long list of excuses of why he installed the 25 year roof and ways we could cheat the system to get around the violation, all of which I would take no part in. At that point, James Cody Gantt disappeared as none of my 9 clearly documented attempts to contact this contractor were returned. In order to correct the roofing violation I was given permission to overlay a 30 year roof on top of the new 25 year roof installed by James Cody Gantt. I called James Cody Gantt to discuss this one time only and small window of opportunity given by the Home Owners Association however, James Cody Gantt did not return any of my 11 attempts of communication. Furthermore, I went as far as calling his girlfriend, who I personally knew to brief her on the situation and to ask her to have James Cody Gantt contact me, this tactic also failed. In order to become compliant with the Home Owners Association, I had no choice but to move forward with another Contractor to do the overlay. Eight months later, James Cody Gantt finally returned my call only to threaten suit and placement of a mechanics lien on my home due to none payment. Because of James Cody Gantt and his unethical and irresponsible business practices, I have paid for two roofs with an out of pocket cost (after insurance) of over $9,000.00
Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "He is a good talker! BEWARE.. He takes your money, does crappy work, doesnt come on job site, and when he gets 75% or more of the money he..."
- "Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare. It first..."
- "This crook insisted that I pay him upfront and poured me a driveway that chipped, flaked and cracked after 2 weeks! I called him over and over again and requested..."
- "Wisdek, a SEO company based in Ontario Canada, offers a Satisfaction Guarantee on their webpage.But what does that really mean? Absolutely nothing. The only reason I chose to..."
- "Libby Muelhaupt and Bruce Spurlock shut down, Discount Mortgage Relief, then continue to take money from consumers to the tune of $400,000. Then they open another company BDL Credit Solutions..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."
- " Just a complaint on all pet stores. You have grocery carts. But you don't have the seat section designed for little dogs to sit in them we have..."
- "I am a disable senior ,I had the manager on my front steps at 3am looking in my windows,I called police 4 times,I filed a harassment papers at Banning court..."
- "I have triple xFinity because I live in an area that requires Home Security. This includes internet (which is lightening fast!) and TV, smart phone and landline. The only problems..."