CC Contractors - Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors

Issue not resolved
May 17, 2012
review #319055

I hired James Cody Gantt the owner of C & C Contractors in Corsicana, TX to replace my roof due to damage caused by a hail storm. Prior to the roof installation the contractor, James Cody Gantt asked and received contact information from me for the Home Owners Association in order to announce his intentions and ensure compliance. I reminded James Cody Gantt that the Home Owners Associations played an extremely active role in overseeing the neighborhood. In return, a very irresponsible James Cody Gantt DID NOT contact both governing Home Owners Associations and moved forward with the installation of a 25 year roof. Upon completion of the roof I was contacted by the Home Owners Association who informed me that a 30 year roof was a mandatory requirement accordingly, I was cited for the violation and was given a short period of time to correct the situation or face a date in court. James Cody Gantt came up with a long list of excuses of why he installed the 25 year roof and ways we could cheat the system to get around the violation, all of which I would take no part in. At that point, James Cody Gantt disappeared as none of my 9 clearly documented attempts to contact this contractor were returned. In order to correct the roofing violation I was given permission to overlay a 30 year roof on top of the new 25 year roof installed by James Cody Gantt. I called James Cody Gantt to discuss this one time only and small window of opportunity given by the Home Owners Association however, James Cody Gantt did not return any of my 11 attempts of communication. Furthermore, I went as far as calling his girlfriend, who I personally knew to brief her on the situation and to ask her to have James Cody Gantt contact me, this tactic also failed. In order to become compliant with the Home Owners Association, I had no choice but to move forward with another Contractor to do the overlay. Eight months later, James Cody Gantt finally returned my call only to threaten suit and placement of a mechanics lien on my home due to none payment. Because of James Cody Gantt and his unethical and irresponsible business practices, I have paid for two roofs with an out of pocket cost (after insurance) of over $9,000.00

Beware of James Cody Gantt of C & C Contractors.

b032c15
Had an experience with CC Contractors?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
dont make the mistake this hom

Jan 09, 2013 Ansonia, Connecticut

YOUR hoa contacted you about the violation of your own hoa rules?? its the homeowners responsibilty to know their HOA rules.. not a contractors.. not really fair to give a contractor a bad rap when you failed to know your HOA rules... :) it happened to a good friend of mine and they couldnt find an attorney to represent them bc they failed to know their hoa rules :(

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.